Tours and Conditions for guided and unguided tours
- rentamotorcyle.co.uk is a trading name of Motorrad Central (Scotland) Limited, a company registered in Scotland with registered number SC274747 with registered office at 226 High Street, Dalkeith, Midlothian, EH22 1AZ (“Motorrad Central”).
- These terms and conditions apply to all guided and unguided tours.
- At the time of booking a tour, a deposit of 10% must be paid. Deposits are refundable if cancellation is made within six months of the tour commencement date. Cancellation with less than six months notice will not entitle the customer to a refund but, at its discretion, Motorrad Central may permit the deposit to be transferred to another of its tours with a commencement date within 12 months of the original tour commencement date.
- The balance of the tour price must be paid no later than eight weeks before the tour commencement date. If the balance of the tour price is not paid by the required date, Motorrad Central may cancel the tour and retain the deposit.
- Cancellation by the customer will be subject to the following levels of refund: Within four weeks of the tour commencement date: no refund but Motorrad Central will use its reasonable endeavours to recover from its suppliers any payments made and will refund these to the customers as and when it receives them subject to an administration fee of £100; more than four weeks but less than eight weeks of the tour commencement date: 50% refund of the tour price; more than eight weeks but less than six months of the tour commencement date a refund of all amounts paid less the tour deposit which is subject to paragraph 3 above; and more than six months of the tour commencement date a full refund.
- Once a tour has commenced, no refund will be made if the customer curtails the tour or, for any other reason, does not complete the tour.
- The customer may request amendments to the tour and Motorrad Central will use its reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests and will inform the customer of any additional costs or other changes to the tour which are required. Any such costs will be paid by the customer before the commencement of the tour.
- All accommodation provided will be provided in accordance with the tour proposal made by Motorrad Central to the customer and all other services and tour information will be set out in that proposal. Motorrad Central will not be responsible or liable where aspects of the tour are not available due to the acts of its suppliers or due to mechanical breakdown or adverse weather conditions.
- Motorrad Central will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the tour is provided in accordance with the tour proposal. Circumstances may occur which are beyond its control whereby this is not possible. Such circumstances may include (but are not limited to) war, threat of war, civil unrest, industrial dispute, unavoidable technical issues with transport, closure of ports, airports or other transport infrastructure, terrorism, fire, volcanic activity, flood or other adverse weather and natural or nuclear disaster. In the event of the occurrence of such circumstances no refund or compensation will be payable and the tour may be cancelled or curtailed. Customers will be responsible for their own costs including meals, accommodation and transportation.
- Motorrad Central will not be liable for any personal injury, death or illness howsoever caused unless due to its gross negligence.
- Motorrad Central’s liability for loss, damage or other financial penalty due to its acts will be limited to the tour price.
- These terms and conditions are subject to the Law of Scotland and the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
- Motorrad Central and the customer accept that communications via email will be accepted by both parties as binding where agreement is indicated.
In the event that the United Kingdom leaves the European Union whether or not it enters into a withdrawal agreement, it may become uneconomic or impossible to fulfil the requirements of any agreement with the customer in respect of motorcycle rental or other services, such as the provision of hotel accommodation. Rentamotorcycle reserves the right to cancel in whole or part any agreement with the customer as a result of the United Kingdom no longer being a member of the European Union. No compensation will be payable to the customer for such cancellation. Where the customer has paid a deposit in advance of receiving services, Rentamotorcycle will refund the deposit relating to the rental of any motorcycle. Where a deposit relates to services, such as hotel accommodation and Rentamotorcycle has made payments to such service providers, Rentamotorcycle will use reasonable endeavours to recover such sums and pass them back to the customer.