Please read these insurance details and ensure you meet all of the conditions.
The following is an extract from the conditions our insurers apply to our policy.
Basically check you can provide the appropriate level of identification, you are old enough, have the required driving/riding experience, are not excluded due to licence endorsements of criminal convictions and your occupation is not in the list of excluded occupations. You will have to sign a declaration to say you have read and understood the conditions and the information you supply is accurate, before you can take your rented motorcycle off our premises.
Please understand the list of excluded occupations has been supplied by our insurers and we have no control over which occupations they deem “unsuitable.”
If you are unsure about whether you meet the insurance requirements, please contact us and we will clarify the position.
Regardless of the basis agreed the following requirements will always apply.
1. A rental agreement must be fully completed and signed by the hirer.
2. Rentamotorcycle staff must establish the identity of the driver/hirer beyond reasonable doubt by two means of identification.
Suitable means of identification would include –
- Any major credit card
- Bank statement (not more than 1 month old)
- Public utility bill (not more than 90 days old)
- Pension or rent book
- Driving licence
A photocopy will be taken and retained with the rental agreement.
3. Rentamotorcycle staff must check the hirer’s licence and the licence of anyone else who will drive the motorcycle, is current/valid for the vehicle being hired and the address shown on the licence is the hirer’s/drivers current address. A photocopy must be taken and retained with the rental agreement.
Unless previously agreed with the insurers the motorcycle will not be let out on hire to or driven by:-
a. Any persons under 21 years of age or any person over 70 years of age.
b. Any persons aged over 21 years of age who have been disqualified from driving during the last 24 months or who have currently on their license three or more convictions or any of the following offence codes in the last 5 years:
- Theft or unauthorised taking (UT)
- Drink or Drugs (DR)
- Dangerous Driving (DD)
- Driving whilst disqualified (BA)
- Licence (LC)
- Careless Driving (CD)
- any equivalent offence in Northern Ireland.
c. Any persons who have had less than 24 months regular driving experience of a motor vehicle as a fully licensed driver under a licence issued in the United Kingdom in respect of any motorcycle exceeding 250c.c.
d. Any persons who have had less than 24 months recent and regular driving of a motor vehicle as a fully licensed driver and are holders of a licence issued outside the United Kingdom but which is valid in the United Kingdom.
e. Any persons engaged in any of the following occupations:
- Food delivery services
- Bookmakers, turf accountants, gambling industry including amusement arcade, fruit machine, casino or club employees
- Entertainment and related industries including fairground employees
- Professional sports persons
- Professional models
- Publicans or persons working in the licence trade
- Street and market traders
- Scrap Metal merchants and dealers
- Diplomatic Personnel
- Courier or messengers
- Students under 25 years of age.
f. Any persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and or insurance or cover cancelled by any motor insurer.
g. Any persons who have any criminal convictions.
h. Any persons who have any physical or mental defect, impairment of sight, hearing, heart, diabetic or epileptic condition or other complaint unless they have notified the DVLA and a licence has been issued, and the conditions or restrictions to that licence are kept to.
i. Any persons who have been involved in more than one-fault incident within a 3-year period immediately prior to hiring a vehicle.
It is hereby noted that the policy excess of £250 is increased to £500 in respect of all Motorcycles with a engine size over 600cc.
Note: we apply a further excess amount so excess amounts are detailed in our pricing schedule
No motorcycle will be let out on hire to or driven by anyone outside the following specified criteria:
Motorcycles not exceeding 47 BHP 21 to 23
No restriction applied 24+
It is a condition of this insurance that we can audit your hire records, including individual hire agreements, at any time. You must keep details of hire agreements for at least 36 months.
Note: we require to keep your details on file for 36 months to comply with this section